5 Tips to Prevent Muscle Soreness
When going through any exercise program you will have some muscle soreness no matter what you do, but if you follow these tips you can keep your soreness to a minimum
1. Start You Program Slowly. Donít go too hard on day 1 after youíve had a layoff. Stop before youíre completely wiped out.
2. Warm up. Always take 5 to 10 minutes to warm-up thoroughly.
3. Stretch After. Always stretch at the end of your workout. 5-10 minutes spent will do wonders for your recovery time.
4. Have a post-exercise snack. A snack that is 4 parts carbs to 1 part protein can speed recovery by 26%.
5. Self massage. Spend 5 minutes massaging yourself each night. A professional massage is better, of course, but not near as practical. Spend 5 minutes and youíll sleep better and recovery quicker.
For more on this and other subjects, click here
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.